Solly's Sweet Potatoes Recipe
This is a nice, quick Solly's Sweet Potatoes recipe adapted from I Hate to Cook Book cookbook by Peg Bracken. You will love the simplicity of this great casserole-style answer to sweet potatoes. I substitute pineapple instead of orange slices--preferring the blend of pineapple and sweet potatoes.
Makes 4 - 6 servings
- 5 canned sweet potatoes
- 1 can of pineapple slices (the round ones--well drained)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Cut the potatoes into one inch thick slices.
- Slice the pineapple rounds in half in terms of depth so that they are thinner. Make sure they are drained well.
- Place the following in a casserole dish, alternating the in thin layers the pineapple rounds, salt, pepper, small splats of butter and brown sugar.
- Pour the honey over the top of the layers and bake uncovered at 350°for forty-five minutes.