Spinach Surprise Recipe
Peg Bracken recipes are designed for those who hate to cook, simple, yet imaginative. Here is my take on the recipe for Spinach Surprise from her popular I Hate to Cook Book cookbook. I prefer the dried fried onions from the can to regular onions though either will work.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup fried onions (the dry ones in the can)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Cook the spinach, then add melted butter to the spinach making sure the spinach is well-drained first. Stir well.
- Heat the fried onions in the microwave and mix them into the cooked spinach (I find I have more control and don't overcook them if I heat briefly and add after the spinach is cooked.
- Add the salt and sour cream to the spinach and fried onions mix, and blend it together.
- Stir in the vinegar and your set.