Cookbook Collecting and Reviews
A Cookbook Village blog written for cookbook collectors and curious cooks. Find out all about collecting cookbooks: used and vintage; reviews and values; recipes and best books to buy for investment.
Sylvia's Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe
This is a recipe from the grandmother of my wife I call Sylvia's Sweet and Sour Meatballs. It is very simple and delicious, an easy recipe that has been served in the family many generations over. This is one where you need to feel comfortable preparing recipes to taste. There are no measurements on the sweetener, lemon juice, etc.
- 4 lbs. Ground Beef
- 5 Cans Tomato Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Liquid Saccharine
- Lemon Juice
- Season meat with salt and pepper
- Roll into small balls
- Place carefully in ungreased heavy skillet
- Cover and cook on top of stove (slow)
- Shake pan to separate balls
- When meat is medium brown, cover with tomato sauce, lemon juice and sweetener to taste
Can be served as an appetizer or main dish.
Present with toothpicks.
Photo is for sample only and is not exact representative of the final recipe.